+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Golfing 8 weeks post op!!!  (Read 8575 times)

obxpelican

Golfing 8 weeks post op!!!
« on: October 06, 2008, 12:59:27 PM »
Well at 6 weeks I was given the ok to golf, I intended to go then, but every time we were going to get together to play it either rained or my golf buddies could not go.

Today the weather was good (for Pgh is October) probably in the 50s at tee off and 60s when we finished.  I originally planned to play 9 holes, then chip and putt the last 9.  After the front I felt good so I continued on to the back. 

I had originally thought I would not use my driver, but it felt ok no matter what I used--- I can swing and make the hip turn fully now without any effort, most of the holes I beat my partner in distance.  I also made sure that I walked as much as possible as we used a cart but on some holes I walked it.

What a difference now that I can swing without pain and actually finish 18 holes strong--- btw I also beat my partner with a 91 (I am usually in the 80s) not too bad since I have not played since the end of July.  I won't say what my buddy played as I do not want to embarrass him   ;D

I can't wait to play next Monday.  My goal now is to get back to walking 18 by next year, I am too out of shape now, but by next May I plan to walk when I play.

Chuck

Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Golfing 8 weeks post op!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 09:13:54 AM »
Great News Chuck!

18 holes!  Wow!    ;D

Keep up the great recovery!

Pat

Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Mr_Tillie

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 07:14:32 PM »
  Thats great to hear. I had a resurfacing done on the 6th of june 2006. I to was back playing golf in about 6 weeks. Im now going to have my other hip done on the 10th of December 2008. I hope that if things go well i will be playing again in March.
 Remember Straight is Long!!!!! :)
Walk...what a way to travel!!

obxpelican

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 07:55:59 PM »
It's not about whether or not you will be golfing in March, you WILL BE!

Good luck, hope you get a hole in one.

Chuck
Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

Mr_Tillie

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 04:23:01 PM »
  Heyyyy thanks Chuck for the encouraging words. My surgery was postponed until the 15th of January. Everything went well and i have a tee time booked for the 16th of March in Phoenix Arizona.

Mr_Tillie

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 11:02:13 AM »
  Heyyyy thanks Chuck for the encouraging words. My surgery was postponed until the 15th of January. Everything went well and i have a tee time booked for the 16th of March in Phoenix Arizona.

We had a great time and i played better then i expected. But the nicest thing about the whole trip was playing golf and having NO PAIN!!!  I'm now medication free and have a clear mind.

PS Remember golfers out there..... Straight is long!

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat