+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: vision blurring, dizziness, headaches  (Read 2338 times)

Buddy

vision blurring, dizziness, headaches
« on: October 13, 2008, 12:50:12 AM »
Howdy. I'm a bilateral Birmingham, having done my first hip (right) on July 1, 2008, and my second (left) ust two weeks ago, on September 30, 2008. After my first surgery I experienced some blurring of vision post op, and my excellent surgeon (Dr. James Pritchett, Seattle) told me that it sometimes happens but they aren't sure exactly why--some combination of the drugs plus the surgery itself. First hip it went away in less than a week, but this 2nd time around I still have blurred vision and also some headaches and dizziness when I get up from lying down. Wondered if anyone else had experienced these symptoms and when they cleared up.

I have high praise for Dr. Pritchett in Seattle; he's done hundreds of resurfacing operations and the place--Swedish Orthopedic Institute--is first rate--a brand new building and state of the art everything.

Best,
Buddy
buddy@buddylevy.com
www.buddylevy.com

stevel

Re: vision blurring, dizziness, headaches
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:22:13 AM »
Hi Buddy,

I did get a hot flash and broke a sweat in my face when standing up after washing in the bathroom in the AM at two days post-op.  I needed to sit back down.  The Dr. of Internal Medicine (Dr. Nydick) said it was blood pressure related.  I had no other symptoms. I had a LBHR installed by Dr. Su at HSS on 9/29/08.
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

Buddy

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 03:00:04 AM »
Thanks Steve. Yes, that hot flash sweat dizziness was pretty normal for me both times a few days post op. The vision thing concerns me more, however. Appreciate it!

Best,

Buddy

larry2458

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 11:18:39 AM »
i had my op on 16th october and have had blurred vision since then.i've been to my doctors and he put it down to the drugs and op. too.when you do improve i'd be interested to know what it is.the other side effect i've had is pins and needles down one little finger.??
lbmh 16th october 2008

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
Yesterday at 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal