+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Nov 7th it is  (Read 4163 times)

wayne-0

Nov 7th it is
« on: October 18, 2008, 03:45:01 PM »
Hey Hippies,
All the going out of my medical group contract stuff is signed 8). Bilat surgery is set for Nov 7th. I hope the bones are still good enough for resurfacing. Since I'm having both done on the same day I'm sure my recovery is gonna be something special. I will let you all know. Thanks again, and because of all your posts, I feel like I'm going into the great unknown knowing 1/2 of it. See ya.
                                           Wayne-0
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Nov 7th it is
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 08:09:50 PM »
Wayne-0

Glad to hear your surgery is all set up.

I would like to wish you Good Luck!

You probably know more than 1/2 of it if you have been posting here very long.  You will have plenty of support after you get those new hips!

Keep in touch and be sure to let us know how you are doing.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 02:09:50 AM »
Congratulations Wayne.  11-7  sounds like a lucky number to me. 2 at a time yee ha.  Good luck, keep us updated and think about sano's in a few months, I gotta couple 10 footers.... ;D  Let us know , Bill

Hey Wayne I know your in my area, if your insurance wants to charge you for a walker you can come by and pick up mine.  It's all you if you want it, let me know.   
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 02:36:08 AM by B.I.L.L. »

wayne-0

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »
Hey,
Thanks for the encouragement Pat and Bill. I'm pretty sure we have the walker thing covered but if not I'll take you up on that. Also I would rather come get you and surf sano's when we both can and the wives can hang on the beach chatting soaking up the rays. Until then every day gets closer to "the day".
                                                Wayne-0

sherry

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 09:59:53 PM »
Good Luck on Nov 7 for your bi-lat. I'm Nov 6th. LC+ 2 yrs ago and now BHR. I'll be joining the bi-lat club. I'll be glad to be OTOS (on the other side).

Good luck and God Speed

Sherry  LC+ 11-10-06 Kennedy
17 days to RBHR 11-6-08 Raterman

wayne-0

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 11:28:18 PM »
Thanks Sherry,
November seems like a great time to do it. Hope all goes well with your surgery as well. Can't wait to be OTOS as well. I will keep you posted.
                                         Until then good luck
                                              Wayne-0

Big Bill

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 12:04:41 PM »
Wayne O ----Big Bill here.... congrats on setting the date....you have made another step in regaining your active lifestyle !  Best of luck !!!

Big Bill   C.A.S.H.  7/9/08   8)

wayne-0

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 12:09:18 AM »
Bill,
Thanks so much.Was is you that posted a post awhile ago about waking up from surgery and asking did I get hip resurfacing or thr? I think that will be my first question too, that is if I'm coherent enough to ask ha ha ha.
                                      Wayne-0

wayne-0

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008, 11:44:06 PM »
Pre-op yesterday, things went well. I'm still on track for Nov 7th. Should I be scarred yet or should I wait another day or two? Here's to being OTOS (on the other side). 9 more days to go YIKES.

Wayne-0

sherry

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2008, 07:23:21 PM »
Hey Wayne-O

Good luck w/your bi-lat. My RBHR is scheduled Nov 6 so I'll be sending positive thoughts your way Fri. I'll be a bi-lat but 2 yrs apart.

Keep us informed on your recovery and how your doing.

Sherry LC+ 11-10-06 Kennedy
6 days to go for RBHR 11-6-08 Raterman

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2008, 08:23:15 PM »
Sherry

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery.  We will be waiting to hear you are on the other side and recovering.

I wish you a good surgery and a fast recovery.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Big Bill

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 04:43:02 PM »
Wayne-o    BiG Bill here ....I remember the last few days b 4 my resurfacing...I even did my water aerobics class the day b 4  :o . I was ready and anxious ....and yes it was me who asked them in recovery if they were able to do the resurfacing...my wife said I was so happy as I was on the way to my room (most likely the drugs), I was yelling "resurfacing....resurfacing" down the halls   :P !  As they say here in Texas.... "Get 'er done" my friend !

BIG BILL   C.A.S.H.   7/09/08    8)

wayne-0

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 06:50:20 PM »
Thanks Big Bill,
I really think I will ask the same question too(just to be sure). I am definitily anxious,ready,scared, and everything else that goes along with this ride. Above all I am ready to "get er done".

Wayne-0

stevel

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 07:49:21 PM »
wayne-o,

Best wishes for your upcoming surgery.  I felt somewhat relieved to finally make it to the pre-surgery room at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York.  A knee replacement patient was a curtain away, chatting on a cell phone.  It was her second knee replacement and she didn't look nervous so I couldn't look nervous.  The anesthesiologist came in and I initialed the consent form.  He said I would get an epidural.  I asked if I would get a spinal too and he said yes since Dr. Su works fast.  I noticed a check-off for posterior and anterior and inquired as neither were checked.  He said that applied to spinal surgery not hip resurfacing surgery.  I knew Dr. Su did posterior surgery.  Dr. Su came in and initialled my left inside thigh with a marker (I had only one side done - the right side is OK).  They wheeled me to operating room 2, which was cold (seemed about 55 F).  I saw some of the assistants getting ready for surgery.  They placed me on a special bed for operating.  The anesthesiologist came in and and administered a sedative which put me to sleep.  He then must have connected the spinal/epidural catheter in my back.  Next, I woke up about two hours later in the post anesthesia care unit.  A technician took an x-ray of my pelvis.  I asked to look.  He asked if I was a Doctor.  I looked and saw it was a BHR (hooray).  Dr. Su had estimated a 90 to 95 per cent probability of getting a BHR or otherwise I would get a full size metal THR.  They kept me in the PACU for about five hours until the spinal anesthesia wore off (my feet were no longer numb). They wheeled me up to my hospital room which I shared with a knee replacement patient.  A nurse's aide came in and said she was a "Lee."  That is my last name.  I looked up and saw a woman but couldn't read the name plate since my glasses were in the personal belonging bag.  She got my glasses and I saw that her middle name was "Lee."  I hope this informs from 1/2 to about 3/4 of the way to your successful outcome!
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

sherry

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 09:34:00 PM »
Thanks Pat, 3.5 more days. I'll be glad to be OTOS. Wk from tonight and I'l be home from the hospital and on the road to being a pain free bi-lat.

Sherry

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2008, 12:33:04 PM »
Well Wayne-O It's 9:30am on friday 11-7 so I'm guessing your in la la land right now...... :D
By the time you read this you will be "on the other side" as they say.
How did it go ?   And welcome back 8) , Bill

Barbara

« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2008, 01:42:37 PM »
Hope all goes well today Wayne. I'm sure that in a couple of weeks you'll be a new man.

I had surgery on my rt hip on Oct 13th and am well on the way to recovery. The first 2 weeks were difficult, mainly due to anemia and side effects of the pain meds. It seems, from talking to people on this site and my Dr, that most people have difficulty in the first couple of weeks and then after that its uphill all the way. Every day becomes easier.

I am amazed at the range of motion I now have in my rt hip and at the little pain that I've had. The biggest problem I've had has been pain in my unoperated side. I am scheduled for surgery on the lft side on Dec 8th and am not as scared as I was prior to the first surgery as I now know what to expect. I also had an active lifestyle that changed over the past few years due to pain but I now see a light at the end of the tunnel and I am  planning on getting my Skis waxed and ready for next year.

I hope you have a speedy uneventful recovery. I'm sure you'll be thinking about surfing in a couple of weeks. Good luck

Barbara
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal