+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: the date is set  (Read 1490 times)

embcrna05

the date is set
« on: November 07, 2008, 07:30:02 PM »
Hi,
My husband and I got back from NYC last weekend, after seeing Dr. Su. The surgery is scheduled for Dec 22.  We are excited, anxious, and relieved.  We met 3 patients in the office waiting room who had the resurfacing done.  One patient was 2 years out, one was 3 months out, and the 3rd was 1 month out.  They all raved about the surgery and excellent results.  My husband asked them about their pain after surgery and they all said they had NO pain, other than the incisional pain.  While we were anxious sitting in the office, we felt so much better after actually meeting and seeing these people.  Now we are anxious to get it done, so that my husband can get on with life.
Thank you to all of you here and your support and advice.  We'll keep you posted.

stevel

Re: the date is set
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 12:10:21 PM »
Excellent choice.  I had my left hip resurfaced by Dr. Su on 9/29/08 and at nearly six weeks post-op, I am doing great.  I've shoveled snow, ride the exercise bike for 35 minutes and walk a couple miles a day.  Monday, I drop the full strength aspirin, twice daily.  Dr. Su prescribes aspirin rather than Coumadin as blood thinner to prevent blood clots.  He also has no hip precautions after surgery, so you can bend as tolerated for pain to exercise the hip. 
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: the date is set
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 01:24:20 PM »
Hi

Good luck to your husband in Dec.  It always helps to meet and talk with other surface hippies.  Glad you feel more relaxed about his upcoming surgery.

Dr. Su is one of the best in the US.  Keep in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat