+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Any post-op paraglider pilots?  (Read 2718 times)

Jonner

Any post-op paraglider pilots?
« on: November 22, 2008, 08:21:36 AM »
I am 4 weeks post op RSHR of a bi-lateral and having been a keen paraglider pilot for the last 20 years, am wondering what would be a safe time to re-sume flying. Obviously, I am going to be pretty careful of conditions, but it is not always possible to avoid a hard landing! I hope to get my left side done in good time for the spring thermals, but I really don't want to be foolish and ruin all the good work that has been done for me. Any other post op paraglider pilots out there?
Cheers
Jonner

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Any post-op paraglider pilots?
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 01:52:56 PM »
Hi

Congratulations of your new hips.

I think you really need to talk with your surgeon about when you can return to your paraglider flying.  I would only trust input from your own doctor.  You have a lot at stake and you want to make sure you are not facing any revisions from doing something too soon.

Trust your doctor.

Good Luck.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Jonner

Re: Any post-op paraglider pilots?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 06:19:32 AM »
Thanks Pat, you're absolutely right, trouble is most surgeons would have no real experience of the landings one may encounter and I can't promise to always land gently. I heard of one guy flying again after 38 days, but I think this might be seriously risky. So I fear I may need to wait until the cup has had a chance to grow into the bone which I hear is up to a year. But, I'll definitely speak to my surgeon. It could be a long year!!
Best wishes and thanks again for a fabulous site.
Jonner

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat