+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Amstutz  (Read 1863 times)

San Francisco Hippy

Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Amstutz
« on: November 28, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »
Okay, I must admit as some may know I've been "cheating" on you by posting on the Yahoo group only out of habit if for no other reason.  I was released with my successful surgery completed on 11/20 and was home by 11/22!  What a ride it has been as all of you know.  So far I'm doing all right and ruling the world from my anti-gravity lounger, no swelling and not overdoing it and my family (hubby, three girls ages, 9, 7 and 19mos.) have been amazing!  I was able to undergo the surgery in the way I felt most comfortable with light sedation and epidural only and have taken only Tylenol before bed when needed which is every night so far.  That's when all the strange sensations are too much for me, the burning the electricity, just lots of healing and repairing going on it feels like.  I've even learned to pee in the toilet instead of on it!  The absolute humanity of my situation was humbling and had it not been for birthing kids I don't think I could have handled it without getting in the way!  I so appreciate all this site has done for me and now I'm going to read about sleeping positions...  Side sleeping works for about 1/2hr. with the pillow tucked between my legs but feels really heavy in the hip!  Slowly but surely I'm healing and grateful for all the little things every day.  Love, Casey  RHR Conserve+, Amstutz 11/20/08
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 06:17:17 PM by Pat Walter »
I might not be much but I'm all I ever think about...

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: I'm one of "us" officially!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 01:29:03 PM »
Hi Casey

Congratulations on the new hip.  Yes you are an official Surface Hippy.

Sleeping is always difficult for most people.  I spent a lot of time in my recliner chair at night - going back and forth between it and my bed.  Used lots of pillows under my legs when in bed.  I could only sleep on my unoperated side for a short time for the first week or so - then I was able to do it much longer. 

You will have lots of strange feelings as everything heals.  The best part is you are done, at home and in recovery mode.  Things will move along quickly for you.  Just give your body time to heal, be patient and Thankful for the new hip.

Good Luck and keep in touch.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

gl3

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 01:59:20 PM »

Hello Hipsters ,

I am 10 days away from surgery with Dr. Schmalzried. Not having anxiety yet but I am sure it will set in soon. I am looking forward to getting it over with and getting back to a better quality of life.

George Lambert

wayne-0

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2008, 07:03:37 PM »
Casey,
And you said you were scheduled and afraid. Now your done  and on the road to recovery,congratulations and welcome to the other side.By the way you'll never be able to stop cheating ;D.Ha Ha Ha.

Wayne-0
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

xocy

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 08:29:03 PM »
Hey George, no one was more anxiety ridden than me. If it is really a problem, ask you OS for some anti anxiety meds you can take just before you walk in the hospital. Email me with any questions.

mraycox@aol.com

Mike
Bilat
Dr. Gross
L 6/23/08  R  6/25/08
Mike
Bilateral
Dr. Thomas Gross
Left 6/23/08  Right 6/25/08

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal