+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Merry Christmas and Thank You to Everyone  (Read 2741 times)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Merry Christmas and Thank You to Everyone
« on: December 24, 2008, 09:17:41 AM »
As Christmas nears, I want to Thank all of the Members and Guests of Hip Talk for their participation to help the world learn about Hip Resurfacing.

My wish for all that have received a hip resurfacing is that they will keep their great new hips for their lifetime -  that they will continue to be out of pain and lead the most active and happy lives possible.

My wish for those with painful hips is that they will be able to have a hip resurfacing - that they will learn and understand what a great option hip resurfacing is. I hope they will continue to participate with the wonderful folks on Hip Talk and receive great information and support for their needed surgeries.

I have been very blessed to be able to do my Surface Hippy Website and help people learn about hip resurfacing.  I receive a great deal of pleasure from doing the website and providing information for people about hip resurfacing.

The friendships and support that I have received from the members is a wonderful gift to me.  I Thank every person that posts on Hip Talk and helps me spread the word about Hip Resurfacing.

I want to wish each and every member and guest a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Patricia Walter - Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Big Bill

Re: Merry Christmas and Thank You to Everyone
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2008, 10:07:44 AM »
Big Bill here ---Pat ...Merry Christmas to you !!!  Thanks for who you are and what you do ! My wishes parallel with yours and what blessings we all have in the many friendships made right here on your website!  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone!

Big Bill   C.A.S.H.  7/9/08   8)

dvander

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 11:13:05 AM »
Dear Pat,

Merry Christmas to you!!!

I do not know what I would have done without this website duirng my recovery.  It has been a source of information, encouragement and reading entertainment.  What you developed and continue to monitor is a rich blessing.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Dwight V
RBHR 11/18/08
R. Jinnah, NC

embcrna05

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 01:22:49 PM »
Pat,
I agree with all of the above!!!! You are such blessing to all of us out there.  Your website has literally changed lives.  We can't thank you enough for all your hard work and knowledge, and willingness to help.  Have a Merry Christmas.  We certainly are.
Eileen and Brian

Mudpro

• My Work
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »
Thank you Pat for all the good work, finding this site has been a tremendous boost to me.

Merry Christmas and a pain free and renewed mobility for the New Year to all.

Me at play in the mud; I can't wait to get back to it...  ;D

Bill
BHR on 12-10-08
OS:  Dr. Henry Boucher, Union Memorial Hospital, Baltimore, MD

Barbara

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2008, 02:25:15 PM »
Merry Christmas to you Pat and to all the hippies out there. Thanks for all your support. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't found this site. It has for sure lessened my stress and reassured me that I was part of a community and not the only person out there in my 40's with totally worn out hip joints. I'm 10 weeks and 2 weeks post surgery though housebound because of the snow I'm feeling very inspired for the upcoming new year after reading peoples stories on this site.

Thanks once again.
Barbara
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

obxpelican

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 02:28:46 PM »
Yes.  Finding this site helped me find Dr. Gross.  Pat and her site was a life changing thing for me.  

Now I'm hooked, I can't leave here....I'm supposed to be at my in-laws and I cannot find my way out of here!

Just kidding.

I wish all of you a VERY Merry Christmas and a very prosperous New Year filled with lots of days of pain free hips.

Ok......now I have to run to the in-laws, please help me!

Chuck

BTW--- hey Mud, you are a dirty guy.

Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

stevel

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2008, 03:01:48 PM »
Merry Christmas Pat,

In spite of the heavy snow conditions at Seattle and Portland airports, I was able to travel to my Sister and family from Juneau, AK to Longview, WA yesterday.  She is amazed at my recovery since I saw her last in New York after surgery with Dr. Su on 9/29/08.  I was able to carry my 3 suiter suitcase since at 3 months post-op, I can lift up to 50 lbs (OK for you eagle eyed hippies - I was one week premature - my physical therapist said it would be OK).

Many thanks for your website to steer me toward a successful surgery.  I especially appreciate the five Dr. Chats I participated in (3 - Dr. Mont, 1 - Dr. Bose & 1 - Dr. Gross).
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 03:05:03 PM by stevel »
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

snoots

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2008, 04:34:31 PM »
Merry Christmas Pat and all you hippies and soon to be hippies,
It's been just over 8 months post op and the first white Christmas in these parts in 10 years. It took about 40 minutes including shoveling many cubic meters of snow to turn our horses out of the barn this morning and I didn't miss a beat or feel a twinge of pain, well maybe my back hurt just a little, but still there's no better gift than that!

Terry

wayne-0

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2008, 07:19:42 PM »
Pat,
Those are very kind words for all of us. Thank you very much for all your time and Merry Christmas to you and your family. Because of this website and all the work that was put into it I was able to find a great doctor ( Dr. Ball ) to give me the great gift of being pain free for the first time in years.
                                      Wayne
11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

JohnS

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 08:39:51 PM »
Pat and All,

I want to wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

I am so greatful for this site and all the support and information.  If it weren't for all of your stories and encouragement, I may not have choosen a BHR.

Here's hoping that all old (meaning you had your surgery some time ago, not old age) have long problem free hips, the new hippies have a healing new year and the soon to be hippies have a great recovery.

JohnS  (RBHR 11/19/2008)

John S RBHR 11/19/2008 Dr.Palmer, Minnesota

MRoberts

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2008, 09:51:11 PM »
Thank you everyone and have a very merry Christmas.

Mike
Mike

Right BHR on 12-19-08
OS:  Dr. James R Dyreby, Jr., Northland Orthopedic Associates, Rhinelander, Wisconsin

JeanM

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2008, 10:31:53 PM »
Pat,
You are an absolutely amazing person.  Many thanks to you and everyone else that contributes on the forum.  This website is a wealth of reliable, practical and valuable information for anyone experiencing chronic hip pain.  But, perhaps even more importantly, it's a place where we have all found solidarity, friendship and support.  We are very lucky to have this community to share our stories and concerns.  I'm so grateful for what I learned on this website this year and the courage that it gave me to make such a life changing decision.  I'm a few days away from 4 months post-op and I feel fabulous!!!!

Thanks Everyone!
Jeanie
Uncemented/Biomet/Gross/8-27-08

John C

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2008, 11:13:53 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS to wonderful Pat, and all the other great people on this site.

John
John/ Left uncemented Biomet/ Dr Gross/ 6-16-08
Right uncemented Biomet/Dr Gross/ 4/25/18

bothdone

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2008, 05:06:53 AM »
Merry Christmas to everyone.    I've just got back in from an early morning walk on a breezy, chilly beach - time for some calories.    Have a good day.

Ed
LBHR 25 May 2004
RBHR 19 March 2008

sgoulet

« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 10:58:22 PM »
Merry Christmas to you, Pat, and all of the Surface Hippies.  I am thankful for such a supportive and caring group of friends.  As I am now 14 days post-op, I have a long way to go to get to where I want to be, but I know it will be easier with the support and guidance from this board.

Steve
Right leg – Cormet hip resurfacing – Direct Anterior approach – Dr. Stefan Kreuzer
Houston, TX – December 10, 2008

Donna

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2009, 02:00:21 PM »
Merry Christmas & and a very Happy, Healthy, & Painfree New Year to Pat and everyone out there.  Pat you truly are an amazing person for bringing this incredible website to all us hippies.  The info that I received and wonderful experiences of these lovely hippies out there was so comforting.  It was so nice to know I wasn't the only one in her 40's with worn out hips!  My double hip resurfacing was done 9/8/08 (HSS/Dr. Su), and I'm doing amazingly great--walking like a charm.
Best wishes,
Donna I.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM