+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Muscle cramping in lower leg and foot 6 mos. post op  (Read 2428 times)

Cubby52

Muscle cramping in lower leg and foot 6 mos. post op
« on: December 29, 2008, 08:14:26 AM »
I am 6 mos post op and very active; had a great deal of swelling on op leg 3 days after surgery but hopped on treadmill and worked out slowly.
 Now, 6 mos. later, I have lower leg and foot cramps which I never had pre-op. Been working out everyday and stretching; I'm a yoga teacher but now when I pull op leg inward toward my body my lower leg on inside and outside seems to start to cramp and sometimes it's a full blown charlie horse. My foot takes on a life of its own and the the cramp turns my foot into a very high arch look; it looks like my foot would look if I was in very high heels; which I never have worn my whole life!!
  Anyone else experienced this cramping post op?? thanks, Cubby

blondie

Re: Muscle cramping in lower leg and foot 6 mos. post op
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2009, 11:32:48 PM »
Hi Cubby,
   Yes i have experienced your kind of cramping...on the outside of the operated leg from the knee to the ankle and i will  than spasm into the foot and twist my foot in all sorts of positions. I am a dancer and am two and 1/2 years out
of surgery with a successful right hip resurface...am 64 and it seems like this occurs after a workout and a lot of balancing on each leg doing jazz warm ups and dance in an hour and a half class.  I also had sciatic nerve problems down the same area of the leg and it  is gone....i just think that there will be a lot of tweeking with the muscles and
trying to get use to the  new hip in yoga as well as with my dance....pilates has helped me a lot work out some of the
kinks i did not know i had and muscles in my back i had no idea i was not even using!   Karen

Cubby52

Re: Muscle cramping in lower leg and foot 6 mos. post op
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 08:06:45 AM »
Wow thanks Karen for responding. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. Well, not glad for you..or me for that matter.You are still experiencing these cramps after two years?? Yikes. Looks like we both work out a lot. I wonder if I'm doing too much but I really don't want to let up on my workouts. I have severe sciatica down buttocks to back of knees on both legs but deal with it. This lower leg thingy is a real drag; I wonder if I should get off the treadmill but it seems you are getting the same thing with floor and standing workouts. Just live with it I guess. Has yours remained steady for two years or is it letting up or getting worse? Thanks, Karen! Cubby

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:04:13 PM

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear