+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Soon to be a Surface Hippy  (Read 3610 times)

jharpjr

Soon to be a Surface Hippy
« on: January 04, 2009, 07:19:52 PM »
Scheduled with Dr. Michael Clarke in Syracuse NY for LBHR this coming Wednesday, 1/7/09.
The Surface Hippy website has been very beneficial providing information. I will post results,
experiences, etc. as time goes on. Stay Tuned.....

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Soon to be a Surface Hippy
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 08:05:27 PM »
Hi

Welcome to Hip Talk.

Good Luck with your upcoming surgery Wednesday.  Dr. Clarke is a very experienced surgeon and has a lot of happy patients.

We will look forward to hearing about your surgery and your recovery.  Hopefully, we will hear about what a great summer you are going to have after your heal.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Todd

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2009, 02:09:40 PM »
congratulations Jharpjr!  You and I have the same age hip.  I had my first (left) done on Wed. 1/7/09 in Stillwater MN with Dr. David Palmer--Best around this area!  I'm curious to see how your progression and recovery goes as well.  Keep me updated.

I am male, 39 with osteoarthritis in both hips.  Well, only one hip now.  Yesterday I finally got over a nasty back of the head headache that could be attibuted to the spinal.  Woke up today feeling mch better.  I've got some pretty good swelling in my thigh, but have been icing as continually as I can.  I've been using a pressure wrap with the ice and it has been pretty helpful. Swelling went down again today, and I'm getting some leg strength back.

Let me know how you are doing, and good luck.

todd
Todd  LBHR, Dr. David Palmer 1/7/09; RBHR 5/6/09 St. Croix Orthopedics, Stillwater, MN

jharpjr

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 12:26:50 PM »
thanks todd. I am male age 47 with osteo in left hip. went home from hospital on friday, 1/9. suffered nausea from the general anthesia and swelling in thigh that i'm am treating with ice. come off pain meds on sunday, 1/11. well see how that goes.
start inhome pt today 2x/week for 3 weeks. starting to feel beeter with each day.

Todd

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 03:09:26 PM »
Jharpjr,

How are things progressing?  Hoping that you are getting better each and every day. 
Todd  LBHR, Dr. David Palmer 1/7/09; RBHR 5/6/09 St. Croix Orthopedics, Stillwater, MN

jharpjr

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 04:30:05 PM »
 everything is going great todd. 3 weeks post-op, started outpatient PT, 6 wks @ 3x/week,
 walking with cane and will start working from home week of Feb 2nd. hardest part has been
 the boredom of laying around the house and trying to keep busy.

How have you been doing. been reading your posts and it sounds pretty positive. just make sure
 you don't over do it.

Thanks for dropping a line and happy 3 anniversary...

John H.

jharpjr

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 07:12:23 PM »
5 weeks since LBHR and progressing nicely. No longer walking with assitance, cane, walker, etc, and doing PT 3 days per week. I believe this has really helped as it works muscles that have been inactive for a while, increases flexibility and rom. Have a tendency to push it a little too hard and suffering some pain the next day. The one thing I have learned in my recovery/rehab is patience. The body heals and responds at its own pace. Hope all is going well for the rest of you recovering/rehabbing surface hippies out there.

jharpjr

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 07:43:41 PM »
Had my 6 week post op doctor's appointment this past Friday, 2/20 and received the following news:

1. all hip restrictions have been lifted
  2. took me off blood thinners (awesome!)
  3. can go back to work at the office.
  4. can start working out with weights, aerobics but not impact stuff (running, etc)
  5. will keep going to PT 3x/week for another 4 weeks

I'm pretty excited about this. Wasn't expecting this news until 12 weeks post op appt. I will continue to do the PT too which I credit my "speedy" recovery, along with patience. My improved flexibility is drastically noticable and ROM is improving everyday. Workouts will start out slow and light on stationary bike, eliptical orbitor, some walking outdoors (weather permiting) and weight training. I'm 20 lbs lighter than the day of my surgery and want to lose another 20.

Todd

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 09:44:50 AM »
Great recovery--losing 20 lbs doesn't happen without some motivation and pain-free exercise.  Way to go.

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat