+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Grateful  (Read 2236 times)

wayne-0

Grateful
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:59:43 PM »
Today is my 2 month post op day, and I just wanted to let every one know how thankful I am. To all who have posted and to all who have responded to any of my questions/concerns thank you for helping me and everyone else out in our time of need. We all are a unique breed. Thanks Chuck for all your time monitoring when Pat can't, and thanks Pat for taking your time to educate yourself about hip resurfacing so we may all learn as much as we can about our unique situations. You all have tremendously changed my life for the better. Thanks.
                                                   Wayne

11-7-08  Bilat/Dr.Ball/ASR

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Grateful
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:11:02 PM »
Hi Wayne

Thank You for your kind words about the website.  I do appreciate Chuck's help and everyone elses help.  This group would not work well if it were not for all the people willing to respond to others to help and support them.

As the group grows, I will eventually need several other helpers to keep an eye on things and respond to people's questions if they don't get answered.  If anyone wants to help in the future - drop me an email.  It takes all of us to tell the world about hip resurfacing.  It is now beyond what I can do by myself!

It is a great group of Surface Hippies.

I hope your recovery continues to go well and you have a really great summer doing everything you can think of  :D

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Barbara

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 11:03:29 PM »
You have a wonderful positive attitude Wayne. I like the concept of us all being unique. I have to admit having had both hips done in a 2 month period I've felt sorry for myself more than a few times but now at 1 month and 3 months post op I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. From now on I'm going to think of myself as one of a unique group of people and stop all the woe is me stuff. Thank You.

Barbara
Barbara
RBHR 10/13/2008. LBHR 12/08/2008. LBHR revision 1/18/2010, LTHR 9/23 2011, RTHR 12/16 2011............
Dr Pritchet, Seattle

obxpelican

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 11:14:36 PM »
Wayne,

It's my hope that you continue to post well beyond the time of your rehab.  The reason I do what I do is because of how my life was changed, I appreciate your kind words but it's people like yourself that keep this forum so positive and so supportive. 

This site just cannot work without people who support one another, sometimes just the fact that maybe you had a condition that someone else had and you're able to say, hey it's normal what is going on sometimes means the world to folks.  All that Said, again, Wayne, please keep this forum going by continuing to post and keeping up the great support.

This forum is not about Pat or myself, it's role is to bring together a bunch of great people who care enough to type some words of support.

Thanks again and like Pat said I hope your recovery continues to go well.

Chuck

Today is my 2 month post op day, and I just wanted to let every one know how thankful I am. To all who have posted and to all who have responded to any of my questions/concerns thank you for helping me and everyone else out in our time of need. We all are a unique breed. Thanks Chuck for all your time monitoring when Pat can't, and thanks Pat for taking your time to educate yourself about hip resurfacing so we may all learn as much as we can about our unique situations. You all have tremendously changed my life for the better. Thanks.
                                                   Wayne

Chuck
RH/Biomet U/C Dr. Gross/Lee Webb
8-6-08

B.I.L.L.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 03:22:53 AM »
                                                   Wayne

Glad to hear your doing good Wayne !!   And yes, this site is great ;D

stevel

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 11:27:56 AM »
The information provided by this site is valuable.  Two recent posts about ski pain from avid skiers John C and Shelly are appropriate for my condition.  I have been pondering returning to downhill skiing and my post-op protocol says wait 6 months.  Some Drs. allow 3 months, others 12 mos. In Shelly's case, he waited 1 year and has no problems.  They both received hip resurfacings from Dr. Gross.  So I will wait six months or maybe skip this year entirely (since the ski season will be nearly over at the end of March).
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 11:29:49 AM by stevel »
Steve
LBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 9/29/08 age 55
RBHR 60mm/54mm Dr Su 11/1/19 age 66
Age 70

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Yesterday at 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz