+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Dr Antoniou Best HR doctor in Canada Did my Hip Ressurfacing  (Read 1193 times)

Powersurgegym

Dr Antoniou Best HR doctor in Canada Did my Hip Ressurfacing
« on: April 22, 2018, 04:04:09 PM »
I am from Canada and spent months trying to determine who should perform my hip resurfacing. I had booked my flight to Belgium for January 25th 2018 to have Dr. Keon De Smet to perform my surgery . I really did not want to fly 8 hours to Belgium but felt Dr. De Smet was my best choice. He was amazing in communicating with me over the months before me making the decision to go Belgium but fate have it I got a call in mid December 2017 from the Jewish general hospital in Montreal Canada from Dr. John Antoniou office that they could do my surgery on January 25, 2018. Antoniou is the most experienced hip resurfacing doctor in Canadac with in excess of 2,500 hip resurfacing procedures with a revision rate of less than 1 %.

It's 3 months since my surgery and I'm great with lots of biking, swimminh, rowing and resistance training and feeling good.

I have some clunking noise with no pain associated with it but this is common in the early months post op.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2018, 08:25:36 AM by Pat Walter »

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: Dr Antoniou Best HR doctor in Canada Did my Hip Ressurfacing
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 08:30:51 AM »
Hi

I hope you don't mind, but I moved your story to Hip Stories and added to your title so Dr. Antoniou's name was included.  It helps when people are looking for patients with certain doctors.

Congratulations on the new hip.  Sounds like you are doing great.  Clunking is normal and usually goes away in time.  The muscles around the new hip have been stretched and take time to tighten up.

Keep up the healing.  I wish you the very best and will be looking forward to your updates.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

karlos.bell

Re: Dr Antoniou Best HR doctor in Canada Did my Hip Ressurfacing
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 04:26:17 AM »
 :) Great thanks Power. De Smet great surgeon is all I can say. He helped me walk again and have a normal life. Still great to see others around for hip resurfacing.  8)
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat