+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Update Almost 16 years - Husband and Wife Dr. DeSmet - october 2002  (Read 1429 times)

Pamela

So, I rarely think of my hips, but I'm doing a bit of volunteer work that reminds me of how lucky I was 16 years ago when I found Dr. DeSmet.   My husband and I both had hip resurfacing in October, 2002 - we were his first husband/wife team - my hip is 45 minutes older than his!   Just wanted to let you all know that those hips and the subsquent ones are all working just fine and we are still able to do whatever we want.   Amazing.   I also want to shout to the wonderful Dr. De Smet who still answers my emails and who has over these 16 years operated on many friends of mine and who has consulted for many others who he either advised were not ready for surgery, or who in the end chose not to travel for surgery.   I understand the fear of travelling for surgery, but I gotta say I would do it again in a flash (if I had another hip) - he's just that great AND has done over 10,000 hips now.

Cheers
Pamela (and Cliff)

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Hi Pamela and Cliff
Thanks so much for your update and kind words about Dr. De Smet.  He definitely is very experienced and has thousands of happy patients.
It was great both you and your husband had your hip resurfacings with Dr. De Smet.  Yes, he does answer his emails when patients have questions which is refreshing.
I am glad you are both doing so well.  My BHR is 12 years old and I would do it again, too.
Thanks again for stopping by and telling folks how well you are both doing with your hip resurfacings.  I wish you many, many more anniversaries with your hip resurfacings.
Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

karlos.bell

Re: Update Almost 16 years - Husband and Wife Dr. DeSmet - october 2002
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2018, 03:26:46 AM »
Cool.
2019-2020 THR Left & Right COC Revision Zim Continuum cup with Biolox Delta Cer Liner, Biolox Delta Cer Head 40mm 12/14 Taper, CPT Stem Cem.
2019-2020 removal of Hip Resurfacing due to Metal Toxicity Cobalt - Chromium.
2015 MOM Conserve plus
2011-2013 FAI hip surgery failure
2007-Injury wakeboarding

hernanu

Re: Update Almost 16 years - Husband and Wife Dr. DeSmet - october 2002
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 10:39:05 PM »
Congratulations Pamela and Cliff!
Hernan, LHR 8/24/2010, RHR 11/29/2010 - Cormet, Dr. Snyder

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
Today at 03:32:11 AM