+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: Need Colorado HR Surgeon  (Read 2867 times)

lori.36

Need Colorado HR Surgeon
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:19:46 AM »
I am a 36 year old Mommy that needs to have something done about her hip.  I am bone on bone and I am having issues just carrying my sweet 10 month old around to nurse her.  I wish that there was a way for me to get cartilidge back in the joint, but elated that hip resurfacing exist.  I live in the mtns in Colorado, so I need to drive to the front range to meet the doctors that perform the surgery.  I guess there are three there:
Dr Rector
Dr Kelly
Dr Dayton
Has anyone used one of these doctors.  I am really leaning towards Dr. Rector, because of his website and he specializes in it.  I am going to see him on the 30th, but want to get any ideas from you hipsters.
L-BHR 5-11-2011 Dr Rector
R-HR 9-11-2015 Dr Gross

jgenese

Re: Need Colorado HR Surgeon
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 03:11:27 PM »
Lori,
I know what you are going through. I wish they could just inject some cartilage and be done with it.
I've been dealing with this for a few years and they finally said that I was a perfect candidate for resurfacing.
I did some research and found the surgeon on this sight that is thirty minutes away. My surgery is set for Oct 22 and can't wait for some relief.
See if the surgeon you are looking for is listed on this sight. If not, when you meet with him, ask him lots of questions that they reference on this sight. Don't wait...get this done

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 08:21:40 PM »
Hi

Dr. Rector is the most expeirnced.  I did not have Dr. Kelly listed since she hadn't done 100 resurfacings at the time.  I haven't recieved any updates about her. 

Ask questions of them all and ask for patient references.  It is always good to talk with their patients to learn how their experince was.

See how you feel about them after meeting them.  Sorry I can't tell you more about the surgeons. Be sure to ask what your chances are for getting a resurfacing vs a THR.  You don't want any surprises.

Pat
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

lori.36

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 10:43:38 AM »
Hi Pat,

I have called both Dr. Kelly and Dr Rector.  I asked both of them how many resurfacings they have done
Dr Kelly~ around 150
Dr Rector~ 433
I am very excited to meet the man next week.  Thanks for your reply.
So when was the last time the surgeon list was updated?

Lori
L-BHR 5-11-2011 Dr Rector
R-HR 9-11-2015 Dr Gross

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 12:13:34 PM »
Hi Lori

Good Luck with your appointment.

I update the list when a surgeon or patient gives me info to do so.  I don't have a big master list to email doctors all over the world to ask their stats.  The top surgeons usually email me or their nurse does.  The lesser expeinced surgeons don't often contact me.  So even when I say I have changed the page update, it is not for everyone.  It is very diffiuclt to keep up the many surgeons.

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

BerkeleyGirl

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 02:52:38 AM »
Hi. Is there anywhere on this site a list of questions to bring when you first meet with a prospective surgeon? E.g., what device they would recommend and why, what might be any particular risks with your anatomy, how they'll assess bone strength and whether your body can cope with any chemicals (metal ions etc.) from the implant, whether they've done HR on patients similar to you, what have been the successes and why, and the challenges and why.... Of course what their outcomes have been overall and in relation to femur breakage, infection, etc., and why they think that was the case... What their pre- and post-surgery approaches are... the steps they take, the anesthesia option they recommend and why (and how do they respond if you want something different?), the personal follow-up they'll give when you're in the hospital and thereafter, other professionals' follow-up, how they help you manage the pain, what happens if a week after the surgery you have a problem, whether and how their office helps you with insurance pre-authorizations, etc. etc. etc..... I'm thinking of making a list but thought I shouldn't reinvent the wheel if there's already one out there.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 07:32:46 AM »
Hi
This page has a link to the question page  http://www.surfacehippy.info/doctorinformation.php

Questions are here  http://www.surfacehippy.info/questionsfordoctor.php

If you have new ideas for additional questions, let me know.

Pat
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Re: BHR by trochanteric osteotomy - Day 0 onward by sergioms
April 23, 2024, 03:32:11 AM

Re: Powerplate Use by jimbone
April 22, 2024, 12:09:35 PM

Re: 8.5 months post op - lots of problems still by Boz
April 21, 2024, 10:15:28 PM

Re: Leg lift pain by Boz