+-

Advertisement

Author Topic: 2 1/2 weeks since right hip BHR with Dr Smalzried  (Read 1667 times)

Elmo Te

2 1/2 weeks since right hip BHR with Dr Smalzried
« on: December 09, 2017, 03:48:17 PM »
I find it interesting (concerning?) that there is a lack of info on this site about Dr Smalzried compared with what was available when I first started researching on this site 6 years ago.  Just wondering if there is some sort of situation or policy adopted by one party or another.  I am aware that the hospital he uses suffered a short lived but serious run of post-op infections a few years ago.  A co-worker of mine suffered that with his second BHR, but remains well satisfied with his older one.  The situation was investigated, some new policies and procedures adopted, but no definitive cause was ever discovered.  I am almost 3 weeks post with Dr Smalzried.  My incision has closed completely (in about 8 days) and there has been no issue with infection.  In fact, my drain was removed on day 2, with absolutely no sign of infection and almost no drainage.

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 2 1/2 weeks since right hip BHR with Dr Smalzried
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 11:46:28 AM »
Hi

For some reason patients from certain surgeons always post stories, while others don't.  It doesn't mean the surgeon with less stories is not a good hip resurfacing surgeon.  I have known Dr. Schmalzried since 2008 when I attended the Hip Resurfacing Course in LA.  He and Dr. Mont had courses every year.  They a few years ago, did not have courses just for hip resurfacing.  I have a personal interview on this page:

http://surfacehippy.info/hip-resurfacing-doctor-interviews-by-patricia-walter-2/   and here

http://surfacehippy.info/dr-schmalzried-video-interview-about-hip-resurfacing/

Here are some of his patient stories

http://surfacehippy.info/category/hip-stories/dr-schmalzried-hr-stories/

Thank You for posting about your hip resurfacing with him.  It will help others to learn about him.

Sounds like you are doing well.  Good Luck and let us know how you progress. 

Pat
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 11:51:19 AM by Pat Walter »
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Pat Walter

• Patricia Walter
  • Administrator
  • Owner/Webmaster of Surface Hippy
    • Surface Hippy about Hip Resurfacing
Re: 2 1/2 weeks since right hip BHR with Dr Smalzried
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 11:50:49 AM »
An interesting story:

A man here in Marietta OH flew to Dr.Schmalzried back in 2005 to have a hip resurfacing.  It was this man that told me about hip resurfacing and his experience.  So the first surgeon that I knew did HR was Dr.Schmalzried.  Because of that story and then discussion groups about HR, I too had a hip resurfacing back in 2006.
Webmaster/Owner of Surface Hippy
3/15/06 LBHR De Smet

Advertisements

Recent Posts

Donate Thru Pay Pal

Surface Hippy Gear

Owner/Webmaster

Patricia Walter- Piano Player Pat