- 3 Year Update Kiwi Boy’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Blackley 2014
- 8 Year Update Moe’s Bilateral Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Marchand 2009
- 9 Month Update Wayne Morris HR with Dr. Rogerson 2016
- Bob Vetter Left BHR with Dr. Rogerson 2009
- Cycling Stories
- David Stableforth’s Hip Resurfacing with Mr. McMinn 1998
- Dirk Van Dyke Bilateral DePuy ASR 02/08 03/08 Dr. Ball
- Erik Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Pritchett 2010
- Floyd Landis
November 29, 2016
I have about a week before my surgery next week. I’m a 49 year old female, born with hip dysplasia. I’m an avid rower and a cyclist and I’ve had bone-on-bone arthritis for at least two years. I was able to ride and row all season, and even got in one of each over the holiday weekend, which I’m happy about.
If it weren’t for this site … Read the rest
August 11, 2014
Had a BHR on my left hip last Sept 20. I had had arthritis from a previous hip fracture accompanied by severe IT/knee pain. Post-procedure, everything had been going extremely well–I was following the fairly conservative recovery program prescribed by my doctor (no lifting or weight training, no high impact for a year post surgery) and I felt really perfect, but all of the sudden one day … Read the rest
July 17, 2017
On the 7th July, 2017 , I celebrated my 3rd Anniversary of BHR Left side. Wow, how the time has disappeared and how I am able to compete “pretty well” in Triathlon, all be it , at Sprint and Standard Distance.
The hip has never been better and I attribute this to alot of patience in the re-hab,[ a fantastic “nurse”- … Read the rest
8 Year Update July 13, 2017 – 8 years and still going strong. 64 years, very active, hiking, kayaking, snowshoeing, weight training, 3400 miles on road. gravel, and mountain bikes in 2016. Never any issues, hips totally pain free. Aches and elsewhere lol! Thanks to Pat for this site, great info. BHR’s changed my life.… Read the rest
Just wanted to update the progress of my resurfaced hip done on August 18th. Three days ago I finished a 3000km bike ride from the very top of New Zealand to the very bottom and for the entire ride I had zero issues. In fact I’d forgot that it had even been done at all it was so good!
In November I’m off to climb Vinson, the highest mountain in … Read the rest
November 19, 2016 UPDATE – my left hip’s second birthday!
All is still well. I suspect the scar will always feel a bit strange but the joint itself is great and gives no concern despite all the use it gets, which includes 46 5km races, one 10km race and bike rides up to 55 miles in the last 12 months. It has also been subjected to a fair amount of … Read the rest
- Pete M’s Hip Resurfacing with Mr. Kershaw 2015 – biking and running
- Gary A Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Rogerson 2015 – Biking
- Steve S Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Rogerson 2014 – Biking
- Robert C Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Rogerson 2014 – Mountain Biking
- Jcwikla’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr.Kusuma 2013 – Cycling
- Kevin Robinson Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Marchand 2013 – ProBMXer
- John-Lee Augustyn joins Team MTN-Qhubeka After His Hip Resurfacing
Pro BMXer Kevin Robinson had a hip resurfacing procedure performed on October 16, 2013. This video goes into the operating room to tell his story. This contains some extreme images of the surgical procedure and his riding.
The video is produced by Scott Moroney. A special thanks to Dr. Bob Marchand for opening up this new world to our camera.
Kani at the Villa in Belgium
The following is an account of my bilateral hip resurfacing adventure gathered
from some emails I had sent and some of which were posted on the Surface Hippy
website. I hope they will give an insight for anyone interested in traveling to
Belgium for hip resurfacing with Dr. Koen De Smet.
Arriving in Ghent
I finally made it to Ghent. I left Portland at … Read the rest
Gary traveled from Vancouver WA. to have his hip resurfaced by the best. He couldn’t be happier with his decision!
"Gary here; day 1 on the road. 11 mile ride 7 weeks post surgery and felt great!"
… Read the rest