- What is Hip Resurfacing?
- 1 1/2 Year Update Blinky’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Gross 2015
- 1 Year Update David Brewer’s H1 Ceramic Hip Resurfacing with Professor Cobb 2017
- 10 Month Update David Brewer’s H1 Ceramic Hip Resurfacing by Professor Cobb 2017
- 10 Year and 2 Month Update John C’s Bilateral Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Gross 2008
- 10 Year Anniversary of Toby’s Hip Resurfacing with Professor Cobb 2010
- 10 Year Mortality Rates of Hip Resurfacing vs THR Study 2013
- 10 year survival of double heat-treated resurfacings McMinn Center
- 10 Year Update Anthony M. Cornicelli’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Brooks 2007
- 10 Year Update Istt’s Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Bose2007
- 10 Year Update Boomer’s Bilateral Hip Resurfacing with Dr. Rector 2011-2012
- 10 Year Update Edwin Prichard with
Professor Walter of Australia explains the ReCerf Hip Resurfacing Device he used for Anton Constantine. The video explains why hip resurfacing is more bone conserving that a THR. Anton also talks about his surgery.
Patricia Walter discusses hip resurfacing and BHR Birmingham Hip Resurfacing she received in 2006 from Dr. De Smet in Belgium. Video recorded March 1, 2008
The first advantage of a hip resurfacing is that the hip device, due to its large size, allows a person to return to any of their favorite activities without restrictions or possibility of a dislocation. The old fashioned total hip replacement devices use a much smaller diameter ball as compared to size of your natural femur bone. The small size of the ball allows a hip to dislocate more easily. The size of the hip resurfacing device is matched very closely to the original size of your hip, so any movements you make are much less likely to cause … Read the rest
Dr. Brooks discusses why he became a surgeon and hip resurfacing.… Read the rest
- Anton Constantine’s Ceramic on Ceramic ReCerf Hip Resurfacing with Professor Bill Walter 2019
- Doctor Video Interviews by Patricia Walter P 2
- Doctor Video Interviews by Patricia Walter P1
- Dr. Brockwell Discusses Hip Resurfacing and Patients Outcomes 2017
- Dr. Brooks Interview About Hip Resurfacing 2018
- Dr. De Smet Discusses Hip Resurfacing with Patient Peter Smith 2017
- Dr. Fowble Discusses Hip Resufacing 2016
- Dr. Joel Wallskog Discusses Pros and Cons of Hip Resurfacing
- Dr. Laskowski
- Dr. Rector Interview
- Dr. Schmitt Discusses BHR Procedure
- Dr. Schultz
- Hip Resurfacing Doctor Interviews
- Mr. Latham Interview
- Professor Cobb Interview About Hip Resurfacing and the Future of Hip Resurfacing
- Surgeon Interview Videos
Mr. Jeremy Latham MA MCh FRCS(Orth)
600 Hip Resurfacings to date***
Spire Southampton Hospital
Tel: +44 2380 914483
PA: Anne Harding
Published on May 5, 2018 – Why I became a hip surgeon.
This was our first live video chat with Dr. Mont. He answered many questions about hip resurfacing from those attending. Not all were on camera, but typed questions into the chat section.… Read the rest
Published on Dec 17, 2017 – BHR The Past and the Future of Hip Resurfacing
Dr Edwin Su takes a look at the Birmingham Hip Resurfacing (BHR) System’s 20 year history and outcome data from implant survival rates to opportunities for patients. In his closing slide Dr Su states that hip resurfacing can have advantages of THR including bone preservation, greater stability and a high activity level. He also says that hip resurfacing is alive and well for selected patients. There may only be a few surgeons performing hip resurfacing, but those who have experience with it are still strong advocates.
Published on Dec 15, 2017
How hip arthritis is diagnosed? How BHR differs from Total Hip Replacement (THR) surgery? Dr Jason Brockwell will brief about the traditional Total Hip Replacement (THR) surgery and give a detailed explanation on hip arthritis and Birmingham Hip Resurfacing (BHR) surgery.
Peter Smith Published on Oct 10, 2017
Short discussion about Hip Resurfacing with Dr De Smet, Gent, Belgium.… Read the rest
Published on Mar 29, 2018
Professor Cobb discusses hip resurfacing in general and his experience. He also talks about the future of hip resurfacing. MSK Lab is currently involved in the H1 Hip Resurfacing Arthroplasty study for ceramic on ceramic hip resurfacing device.
More information is available here: H1 hip resurfacing study
The H1 implant is designed and manufactured by Embody who are also sponsoring and funding the H1 hip resurfacing study. The objective of the H1 study is to look at survivorship of the H1 implant over 10 years. Participants will be closely followed by clinical review, functional scores, and imaging.
Carolina Medical Center
Patient Choice International Ltd
UK Freephone: +44 (0) 800 038 5110
As the first in Poland he began to perform operations resurfacing total hip way of BHR.
From 2003 to today, he performed more than 500 operations this method with very good results. Only 6 patients had to be done revision prosthesis which represents 1%. Performs complex operations including hip arthroplasty revisions and corrections deformation.
He is scientific director of the research project funded by a grant from NCBiR Fri. “Mathematical modeling in planning treatment of lower limb osteotomy” The project was performed among others. 250 hallux valgus correction operation different methods.
Since 2012 it is one of the experts Department of Health on the web portal dedicated to the … Read the rest
James B. Rector, MD – BHR Trained Calgary June 2006
925 Hip Resurfacings to date ***
933 Alpine Avenue
Boulder, CO 80304
Dr. Rector’s Hip Resurfacing Website
Published on Nov 6, 2011 – Dr. Rector interviewed by Patricia Walter in April 2011 in Arizona. Dr. Rector discusses hip resurfacing, patients selection and hip resurfacing outcomes.… Read the rest
Dr. Fowble and Kara Gormley discuss hip resurfacing.
Virtual Hip Resurfacing Surgery is a science game for students, patients, and their caregivers to take on the role of a surgeon and complete a hip resurfacing surgery while learning about the procedure, the technology, and health risks and benefits. Activity includes photos of real surgery.